We need visits in each trimester. Immunity decreases during pregnancy. And this is not surprising: a woman nurtures a new, different from her body. What changes from the point of view of the dentist?
The risk of destruction of bone tissue increases
- There are changes in the work of the glands that produce saliva. The rate of saliva release decreases, its viscosity increases, the pH shifts to the acidic side
- There is a deficiency of calcium and magnesium – this reduces the mineralizing ability of saliva. It ceases to perform a very important function: to wash your teeth, to remove the remnants of food, to supply tooth enamel with mineral substances
- Risks of gum disease and caries increase
- Therefore, a pregnant woman needs to visit the dentist regularly for professional cleaning, as well as prevention and treatment at the earliest stages.
When Can I Treat My Teeth Pregnant?
Try to cure your teeth before pregnancy. Any dental interventions (except for the hygiene) in the first and third trimesters are undesirable: in the first – all the organs and systems of the child are laid, in the third – the excitability of the uterus increases, so any irritants can lead to a risk of miscarriage or premature birth. Perfect deals are now available from lansdownedentist.com now.
It is possible in the second trimester (this is approximately 14-20 weeks), when all the baby’s systems are smoothly developing. This is the safest time for dental treatment.
But, if you suffer from toothache, you can treat in the first and even in the third trimester (except – only complex surgical operations).
What Can Be Treated And What Is Not Allowed?
Caries and pulpitis – you can. Treatment in Belgravia Dental Studio is carried out under a microscope – accurate and accurate removal of only the affected tissue. The therapy is comfortable – with safe local anesthesia, the patient sits in a comfortable chair on a special soft mattress.
- And the treatment of caries in the initial stage, we conduct an absolutely comfortable and non-invasive method Icon – without drilling and seals.
Gingivitis – you can. Therapy of gum disease in Belgravia Dental Studio is to remove tartar and plaque, in the conduct of anti-inflammatory therapy.
Surgical interventions are highly undesirable! They are carried out in pregnant women (regardless of the period) only on urgent indications. What are these statements? Dental injuries and purulent-inflammatory processes in the oral cavity. All other operations, including implantation, can be considered planned and postponed until the postpartum period.